Grand Master Kevin Lloyd (GMK)
GMK was one of the first students to train with all the Master’s who brought Tae Kwon Do & Muay Thai to England, Grand Master Chinawut Sirisompan (Mater Woody) Grand Master Thohsaphon Sitiwatjana (Master Toddy) from 1973/4 in Oldham & Master Sken Kaewpadung (Master Sken) from 1977.
GMK gained the level of Black belt moving up to 3rd Dan over the next two years.
GMK was fortunate to be involved with the set up of the first Associations in England, this was the British Association of Thai Martial Arts (B.A.T.M.A) with GM Toddy & GM Woody, I held the British title at light-
GMK was once again fortunate to help set up another association called the British Thai Boxing Council (B.T.B.C.) with GM Woody & M Sken who formed it, I was part of the executive committee.
In 1984 GMK formed his own Camp and called it Siam Camp it is based in Oldham the birthplace of Muay Thai in the Northwest, the name of the Camp came from the place in respect to the Kingdom of Thailand Siam, and my teacher from Oldham. The camp is still running today and have been successful at all levels of competition with Champions at World European British National & Area level, you can visit our web site at www.siamcamp.com .
Listed below are some of my achievements, GMK & Siam Camp has been involved with the IMATF – IMTF since 1994. I have achieved the level of International Referee & Judge being accepted as one of the leading Jury members at World Level.
Other titles held in the past:-
- National Coach 1996-
1997- 1998- 1999- 2000- 2001- 2002- 2003- 2004
- England Assistant National Representative 1997-
1998- 1999- 2000- 2001- 2002
- IMTF Director of Sport 2000-
2001- 2002- 2003
- International Licensing officer 2002-
2003 appointed by Thailand
- Chairman of England 2003-
2004 for 4 years (by Election) re Elected in 2008, Life long Chairman.
- WMF Temporary Executive Member Nov 2003.
- Nominated by World members & accepted by acting Thailand members.
- WMF Executive Member representing Europe,
- Nominated by World Congress and appointed by election.
- European Muaythai Confederation,
- Nominated & Appointed Gen Secretary & Treasurer by election.
- World Muay Boran Federation (WMBF)
- Nominated & Elected by Congress to Gen Secretary.
- Chairman of Great Britain Muay Thai Organisation (G.B.M.T.O) Appointed 2004
- W.M.F. Chairman of Jury of Judges 2005-
- Indoor Asian Games, Phuket Thailand.
- International Jury member for WMF
- IMGC Games Pyongyang North Korea
- Jury Member for WMF
- Association Institute of Martial Arts (AITMA)
- Appointed Executive Member for Europe
- W.M.F. Congress, 1st August 2008 General Election.
- Appointed as General Secretary by Gen Chaisit Shinawatra
- Re Appointed as W.M.F. General Secretary by By Lt Con Akachai Cantosa 2012 (Second Term of office)
- Appointed as Gen Secretary European Muaythai Confederation (On its re form March 2012)
- Appointed to Technical Committee of the IMGC, at the Congress in Melbourne 2013
- Nominated and appointed to General Secretary World Mac Alliance World Martial Arts Council (WMAC)
- Appointed as Vice President and General Secretary World Muay Boran Federation, Congress in Bali 2013
- Appointed as World Muaythai Organisation European Commissioner 2013
- Appointed by the Chairman of the World Muaythai Organisation as International Commissioner in 2015
- Appointed by the Chairman and Executive of the KMA as on of the 4 Gr Master within Khan Grading Approval Panel
- Appointed by the KMA as the Zone Ambassoder for Europe, South America, Africa, Americas / Canada.
- I was involved in re-writing the rules & regulation for the WMF-
- Assisted in the re-
write the AITMA History book into English & Thai.
- Attaining to the Grade of Bramajarn (Grand Master) Khan 16 Mongkok 6 in 2011 by the Grand Masters of Thailand.
- Arrived at Wai Kru Ceremony on the Elephant back, First Fourier to be given this tribute 2010 –
- Re Appointed as General Secretary at W.M.F Congress 2012 by Lt Gen Akachai Cantosa
- Appointed General Secretary W.M.F. Pro-
- I re-wrote the rules for WMBF & Muay Boran